• JR Johnson
  • "Where to lunch and what to see during limited time in Florence - help!"

JR Johnson

Manhattan Beach, California

Where to lunch and what to see during limited time in Florence - help!

We will be in Florence in transit. Arriving in main train station at 11:30am and there until around 3:30pm.  

Where can we get a quality but casual lunch and see some of Florence's coolest stuff??? 

I know we won't be able to see any museums or attractions but I want to just enjoy the vibe. Thanks in advance!!

• Ponte Vecchio (attraction)

1 Ponte Vecchio Firenze Toscana 50125 055 2908 3284

• Santa Croce (attraction)

Piazza di Santa Croce, 16 FIorence Tuscany 50122 39055244619

• Jillian Geer

I would get off the train station and hop a cab to enjoy lunch overlooking the Arno and Ponte Vecchio at Golden View Open Bar. Request a window seat, and enjoy some chianti while taking in the view. I'm pretty sure I ate the gorgonzola gnocchi about three times a week when I studied abroad there. I also went back this past summer and it was just as good as I remember (maybe even better!). It looks fancy, but it's inviting and comfortable. As far as I remember, it's child friendly too. :)

Golden View Open Barimage from misiedo.comIf you have time, walk off the pasta down Borgo San Jacopo, stop at Caffè Le Torri for your after lunch cafe/espresso and pick up some dried or fresh fruit at the stand at end of the street before you cross over the river on the less crowded Ponte Santa Trinita. Photo opp- take pictures with the Ponte Vecchio in the background.

Ponte VecchioThe more casual (and just as great) option would be to take a cab directly to the Ristorante Pizzeria Mastrociliegia for my favorite pizza in Florence. Any kind. Sit outside on the patio and just enjoy. I do feel like the service could be a little better, but it's their way of life...so take it in!Ristorante Pizzeria MastrociliegiaIf you can, stop at the Duomo on the way back to the train station. It's really a beautiful sight that shouldn't be missed!Duomoimage from instagram.com

• JR J.

JR J.

this is a great answer. thank you. · (1 likelikes)

1. Ponte Vecchio (attraction)
    2. Golden View Open Bar (restaurant)
    3. Borgo San Jacopo (attraction)
    4. Caffè Le Torri (restaurant)
    5. Ponte Santa Trinita (attraction)
    6. Ponte Vecchio (attraction)
    7. Ristorante Pizzeria Mastrociliegia (restaurant)
    8. Duomo (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jillian a Thank You Note