• Alyson G.
  • "Fashion Trends & How to Pack Light"

Alyson G.

Indiana

Fashion Trends & How to Pack Light

I'll be traveling to Europe next summer and want to start building my wardrobe now so that I won't have to worry about that expense later on. What is considered stylish (and appropriate) clothing in Europe...are shorts and tank tops ok, what about skirts, are jean capris considered too casual? How should I dress for the weather during the months of June-August. I'll be traveling frequently, so I need to pack relatively lightly, but I still want to look stylish. What should I wear to night clubs and bars?

• Stefanie Rulla

Hey Alyson,

this all depends on which countries you plan to visit on your trip. June-August is Summer in Europe but depending on whether you would rather like to visit the north or the south of Europe, the temperature can vary. Shorts and tank tops are generally fine. Just be aware that you might need to cover your shoulders when you want to visit churches or cathedrals in countries like Italy or Spain. It's usually fine to just bring a large scarf or something similar. Jean capris are also fine. Just don't dress too sporty. Don't wear running shoes but pack a pair of ballerinas or sandals. The running shoes are how Europeans detect american tourists ;p Night clubs are one place for which you shouldn't dress too casual. You might be denied entrance if you're wearing jeans and tshirt. Pack a dress or skirt for that occasion. Hope that helps =)

1. Italy (country)
    2. Spain (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Stefanie a Thank You Note