• Debbie Lee
  • "Best SIM card to use across Europe?"

Debbie Lee

San Francisco, California

Best SIM card to use across Europe?

I will be traveling around Europe and want to get my phone situation squared before I leave!  I will be spending most of my time traveling around Germany, and possibly the Netherlands, France, and the U.K.

At home in the States, I use AT&T, but when I went to Europe last year, I went on their international plan and it was very expensive, so I'm hoping to find a more economical and localized plan with a SIM card that will work in the above countries.

I considered going on the T-Mobile month-to-month plan, but I know that their data is super slow.  I know about Orange for France, but they don't operate in Germany, where I'll first land.  One other one that I just learned and heard good things about is Lebara.

Any advice and specific details about these or any other mobile service providers?  And anything else I should know about smartphones, SIM cards, and mobile plans in Europe?

• Emily Della Fera

Vodafone is probably your best bet. They have pay as you go or monthly depending on what you are looking for. They are known as Vodafone in Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK. For France, they are known through their partner company which is called SFR. Here's their website so you can check out prices and stuff.

http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/about/about-us/where.html

Thank you so much, Emily! This is really helpful :) · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Emily a Thank You Note