• Tina Aoun
  • "Are hostels safe in Europe ? What are they like?"

Tina Aoun

Los Angeles, California

Are hostels safe in Europe ? What are they like?

When in Rome...and all over Europe, my friends and I are looking for ways to save money on room and board. We're all recent college graduates who have never been to Europe and are thinking about staying in hostels. We are traveling to different cities -- Rome, Ibiza, Prague, and Barcelona -- for about 3 nights at a time. 

Are hostels safe? Are there better alternatives?

Also, any food/beach/activity suggestions for Rome, Ibiza, Prague, and Barcelona would be appreciated!

Thank you! :)  

• Barcelona (city)

Barcelona

• Rome (city)

Rome Lazio

• La Rambla (attraction)

La Rambla Barcelona Barcelona 08002

• Megan Owczarski

Hostels are definitely the way to go when you want to stay cheap in Europe. I stayed in hostels in Prague, Paris, Berlin and London and I never had a single problem. Hostels are a great place to meet fellow young travels and make friends from all over the world. The first night may be a little intimidating but after that you will be fine. You will probably even wonder what you were so worried about.

I cannot speak for the other 3 cities you are going to but, definitely check out Hostel Tyn This was the best out of the hostels I stayed at in Prague. They had free breakfast, sandwiches and wifi. The rooms and bathrooms are modern and clean. It also has a very central location. When I stayed there in November it was 8 Euro a night. It will probably be more when staying in the summer. The receptionist was super kind and was from America so English speaking wasn't a problem. She also gave us tons of suggestions for things to do or places to eat.

Also the A&O City Holesovice Hostel Prague was nice. It was cheaper at 6 Euro a night but definitely on the outskirts of the city. It is worth a few euro more a night to stay close to the center of the city. Prague is a beautiful city I hope you enjoy your time there and the rest of Europe.

http://www.hostelpraguetyn.com/

http://www.aohostels.com/en/prague/

• Tina A.

Tina A.

Hi Megan! Thank you so much for your help! I just checked out those two websites and the hostels both look so clean and the location is amazing! I'm so relieved that you have no complaints about the hostels, my girls and I are getting more excited every time we hear that people enjoyed their stay in a hostel! Thank you again for your response! Take care! :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Prague (city)
    2. Hostel Prague Tyn (hotel)
    3. A&O City Holesovice Hostel Prague (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Megan a Thank You Note