Meredith Cadwell

Columbus (Mississippi), Mississippi

12-15 day trip to Europe

We are planning a 12-15 days trip to Europe. We are not too picky about the destinations because neither one of us has been to Europe. Italy is a top choice, but we want to maximize our visit and see different cities, countries, cultures.  Does anyone have any suggested itineraries?

• Rome (city)

Rome Lazio

• Venice (city)

Venice Veneto

• Athens (city)

Athens

• Carter Fly

Meredith, I'm happy to give you some input on your trip, firstly because you're from Columbus, where my father was born, so you probably know a few of my family members out there, and secondly because I live in Ireland and have been to a good few places around Europe.

Italy - You cannot go wrong with a stay in Sorrento. You have Herculaneum and Pompeii just a short train ride away. Positanoand the drive around the Amalfi Coast is what you go to Italy for. Rome and the Vatican City worth seeing but you'd want to be careful walking around Rome as the subways and streets are filled with pickpockets.

Barcelona is a fantastic city with lots to see and great food. I think one of the most underrated cities in Europe is Lisbon. Very old world but really cool. It's like a San Francisco in Europe, complete with cable cars and huge suspension bridge.

Edinburgh is a great city too. Lots to see and do and you are close enought to Rosslyn Chapel to get a city bus out to it.

Alternative cities to consider; Prague, Vienna, Stockholm (expensive though).

Hope that helps to some degree. Tell my family out there I said hello!

• Meredith C.

Meredith C.

Thank you so much for your advice! I will tell your family hello! ;) · (0 likelikes)

• Carter F.

Carter F.

Well, us Fly's have been there since the 50's so you should be able to find a few of us. If you guys ever end up in Ireland let me know. You have a few pints waiting for you. Carter · (0 likelikes)

1. Sorrento (city)
    2. Herculaneum (attraction)
    3. Pompeii (city)
    4. Positano (city)
    5. Amalfi Coast (attraction)
    7. Vatican City (city)
    8. Barcelona (city)
    9. Lisbon (city)
    10. Edinburgh (city)
    11. Rosslyn Chapel (attraction)
    12. Prague (city)
    13. Vienna (city)
    14. Stockholm (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Carter a Thank You Note