• Kristi Dabertin
  • "Visiting Edinburgh -- lots of questions"

Kristi Dabertin

Chicago, Illinois

Visiting Edinburgh -- lots of questions

I'm going to be in Edinburgh next week, during the Fringe Festival, by myself for a few days before catching up with my husband in England and am looking for some dining suggestions.  Not looking for multi course trendy dining, tend to eat a lot of Turkish, Italian/pizza, Spanish, Indian and fish and chips when traveling in other parts of the UK.

Fringe Festival-I think I'm going to book La Clique (love their counterpart La Soiree) and someone recommended another cabaret act called Fascinating Aida, anything else I should be sure to check out?  Already have a ticket  for the military tattoo.

Considering a West Highlands & Loch tour with either Rabbies or Timberbush, they appear to be almost identical in content, Rabbies has slightly better reviews, is more expensive and less people by about 1/2.  Any thoughts?

Need a gift for my cat sitter, she says she is Scottish but her mother's maiden name is Mulligan (Irish?) so my idea of getting her a family tartan isn't going to work, she also likes scotch, is there anything I can get in Edinburgh that I can't get back home?

• Annika Rautiola

Hi Kristi!

Just a note on the restaurants, be aware that many restaurants will not take reservations during the Fringe so it's really just luck if you get a place in your chosen restaurant. My advise, don't start your restaurant hunting with an empty stomach!

I would recommend 'The Hairy Coo' Tour Co. for tours instead of the one you mentioned above. They are smaller scale, absolutely knowledgeable and professional with a fun twist. I've done the free day trip with them and it was really good!

Enjoy your trip :)

• Kristi D.

Kristi D.

I looked at Hairy Coo, love the concept but I'm pretty set on the exact tour that the other two give. · (0 likelikes)

1. 'The Hairy Coo' Tour Co. (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Annika a Thank You Note