• Josh Pelley
  • "Top 5 things not to miss in Dallas?"

Josh Pelley

New Orleans, Louisiana

Top 5 things not to miss in Dallas?

I will be visiting Dallas soon and would like to pack in as much as we can into our trip. If you had to pick 5 must do things, what would they be? Open to it all-- museums, parks, food, activities, etc. 

• Raine Barbagallo

Just 5? That's hard but I'll try my best :)

1. Museums- I love the Dallas Museum of Art. You can easily spend half a day (or more!) in here. They have a really good cafe too if you get hungry. I love it because the art collection is so broad, really reflecting on different cultures and the different periods of art. Be sure to walk around the corner from the museum to the Nasher Sculpture Center for more great and interesting pieces.

2. Events- Mesquite Championship Rodeo is right outside of Dallas and so much fun! Every Friday and Saturday, head over for some bull riding and barrel racing. This place is great for kids too, they have a mechanical bull too!

3. Outdoors- White Rock Lake Park is beautiful and relaxing to just walk around. They have really great biking trails if you want to rent a bike and go for a ride or if you're into fishing, it's a popular spot to fish. You can even pack a picnic and enjoy lunch (or dinner) with a view. There's a great view of DT Dallas from the park.

4. City attractions- Dallas Heritage Village is a really great place to see a little Dallas culture. You get to experience Dallas how it was in the 19th and early 20th century. Really fun and educational. I've lived here my whole life and still enjoy walking through there.

5. Where do I even begin? There are some great restaurants in Dallas but I'll tell you my favorites. Mi Cocina is by far the best TexMex in Dallas (we looooove our tex mex). I judge a restaurants on their chips and salsa and theirs is SO good. Not to mention the service is always great here and it isn't pricey. Go for the enchiladas. For BBQ, go to Mac's Bar-B-Que. A popular spot but well worth the wait. By far the best ribs i've ever had in my life here. For a more upscale spot, Abacus Restaurant is pretty upscale, pricier, but good food with a great ambiance. Their drink menu is notable too.

Dallas Museum of Art

Have fun in Dallas!

1. Dallas Museum of Art (attraction)
    2. Nasher Sculpture Center (attraction)
    3. Mesquite Championship Rodeo (attraction)
    4. White Rock Lake Park (attraction)
    5. Dallas Heritage Village (attraction)
    6. Mi Cocina (restaurant)
    7. Mac's Bar-B-Que (restaurant)
    8. Abacus Restaurant (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Raine a Thank You Note