• Joshua Schaap
  • "Top places/things to do in Croatia in two weeks?"

Joshua Schaap

Reno, Nevada

Top places/things to do in Croatia in two weeks?

My Fiance and I are going to Croatia for two weeks.  We land in Zagreb and dont have any plans after.  What are the top towns and places to go see and eat in each?  We are in our late 20's early 30's so we can stay up late, hike, swim, paddle board etc.  We look forward to checking out great food (expensive and not) and hidden treasures. 

• Split (city)

Split Split-Dalmatia

• Zagreb (city)

Zagreb Zagreb

• Pula (city)

Pula Istria

• Antonio Dzaja Croatica Eu

Huh, 2 weeks? I would recommend different route if you want to maximize your time. Once landed in Zagreb, rent a car. Get on highway and head south. Your first stop is Plitvice Lakes National Park, they are gorgeous ( during July and August its little crowded), take your sweet time there to explore since that park is huge. I recommend renting an room and sleeping there. From there go further south and hit Paklenica National Park to hike and climb (bring enough water, and be sure to get off the mountains before dark). Hit the south again and get to city of Zadar. If you are following the plan you arrived at night there. Get a room and then explore the old city, it is wonderful at night. The next day either book a private trip to explore islands or take a fairy to nearby island of Ugljan, have a wonderful time of swimming, sunbathing and ice-creams exploring island by foot or by renting a bike. As it gets dark head to fairy dock and get back to Zadar. Sleep there one more night and in the early morning hit the road again to south (but not on the highway). There are a lot of beautiful small villages to see along the road, plenty of vistas, and beaches where you can stop to cool yourself in the see. Go to Krka National Park before afternoon and explore it, if you have time try to catch a boat to Visovačko jezero (small island in the middle of the lake that has ancient but still functioning monastery). Before nightfall head south again to city of Split and get a room. Explore the city at night and check Diocletian's Palace in the morning (its site to behold). Early morning take a fairy to Hvar and spend a day and a night there to explore it, its worth it. In the morning get a ferry and head south again. Soon you will hit the city Omis and book yourself a rafting on Zrmanja. This is awesome, you don't need to bring water with you because you can drink the water from the river you are rafting on. Back on the road to south again. Your final stop would be city of Dubrovnik. Spend there at least 2 days and explore it whole. You can leave your rented car there and get a plane back to Zagreb day before your flight back home. There are plenty other things you can check out while there, and maybe squise city of Pula, Šibenik and Makarska in your plans. Be sure to book rooms at least a month before your trip. I found nifty article with tips to rent the best accommodation in Croatia for you for low price. Have fun, if you need more tips be free to pm me.

Thanks Toni, I answered in a sense of what I would be interesting when visiting another country, I usually avoid bigger towns because of other influences of other cultures. For example, if I visit England I want to experience a pub, and not a Chinese restaurant which are all over London. I skipped Istria region because I feel it has overwhelming Italian influence. Short video about this kind of a trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJXMaLHimiY

I would recommend booking early for everything, even trips. There is a nice article about banes of last minute bookings.

1. Zagreb (city)
    2. Plitvice Lakes National Park (park)
    3. Paklenica National Park (attraction)
    4. Zadar (city)
    5. Ugljan (attraction)
    6. Krka (attraction)
    7. Visovačko jezero (attraction)
    8. Split (city)
    9. Diocletian's Palace (attraction)
    10. Hvar (city)
    11. Omis (city)
    12. Zrmanja (city)
    13. Dubrovnik (city)
    14. Pula (city)
    15. Šibenik (city)
    16. Makarska (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Antonio Dzaja a Thank You Note