Michelle F

New York, New York

What to see in Costa Rica?

Looking to travel to Costa Rica end of June to beginning of July. What are some of the best area's to see and what  adventures do you suggest? 

We are still in the beginning of planing the trip out, but want some suggestions to get it going! 

• Rocio Acevedo

Pacuare Riverimage from ecovidaadventures.comHello Michelle!

Well for adventures probably I would suggest Osa, Corcovado National Park Office. Peninsula de Osa and Drake Bay are very famous and one of my favorite spots in Costa Rica. They were declared the most biologically intense areas on earth by National Geographic as they become the premier eco-tourism destination in the country and also due to their pristine rainforests and the rugged natural beauty. However, the Caribbean side of the country is also spectacular and pretty awesome if you want adventure. I always recommend when visiting Limon: Tortuguero, Sloth Sanctuary, Almonds and Corals Hotel, Manzanillo, and Pacuare River. Google Pacuare Lodge, it is a bit expensive but they offer an entire experience of white water rafting plus lodging and an amazing culinary experience.

Last but not least, let me recommend Mal Paisor Santa Teresa beach. They are pretty close to the Daniel Oduber International Airport. I always stay at Villas Hermosas. If you decide to visit Guanacaste in the Pacific, a must see place to visit is Monteverde Cloud Forest. If you want adventure, this is the right place as well.

My country is beautiful and Costa Ricans are unique people. I am sure you will have a blast.

Pura vida!!

GuanacasteAlmonds and Corals Hotel

Drake BayTortugueroimage from govisitcostarica.comMonteverde Cloud Forest

• Gaia Z.

Gaia Z.

Hola Rocio! Your answer is very helpful..I'd like to go to Corcovado..do you know if there is any public transportation? I'm planning on getting there from San Jose, but I might not be able to rent a car. Pura Vida! :) · (0 likelikes)

• Rocio A.

Rocio A.

I would recommend you take a bus from San Jose since this peninsula is more remote and less developed than any other part of the country, (wildest and most spectacular region too), or take a plane called Sansa to Puerto Jimenez will be easier and faster. However, you can also catch a daily bus (google Transportes Blanco, telephone 22574121, terminal address to follow). For low lodging rates, google on Cabinas Jimenez at Puerto Jimenez. · (0 likelikes)

• Rocio A.

Rocio A.

Terminal del Norte/San Jose to Puerto Jimenez: (express bus from San José) – DEP. every day from just outside Terminal Atlántico Norte at 6:00 am, 12:00; RETURNS. 5:00 am, 11:00 am; 378 km; 10:00 hrs. $6.26 ** Atlántico Norte company. Tel. 2256-8963 · (0 likelikes)

• Rocio A.

Rocio A.

Address: AV 9, Calle 12, San Jose. · (0 likelikes)

1. Osa (city)
    2. Corcovado National Park Office (unknown)
    3. Drake Bay (attraction)
    4. Costa Rica (country)
    5. Limon (state)
    6. Tortuguero (city)
    7. Sloth Sanctuary (attraction)
    8. Almonds and Corals Hotel (hotel)
    9. Manzanillo (city)
    10. Pacuare River (attraction)
    11. Pacuare Lodge (hotel)
    12. Mal Pais (city)
    13. Santa Teresa (city)
    14. Daniel Oduber International Airport (attraction)
    15. Villas Hermosas (attraction)
    16. Guanacaste (region)
    17. Monteverde Cloud Forest (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Rocio a Thank You Note