Possible trip to Costa Rica

I'm starting a semester abroad in Buenos Aires in January of next year and I'm thinking about taking a week in Costa Rica before it starts. Not sure what there is to see there but I know it's become a big hot spot. Does anyone have any opinions about whether this is worth it?

• Shauna Hellewell

Yes, go!!! I definitely recommend a trip to Costa Rica. The wildlife is incredible and the people are so warm & friendly. You can easily travel the country if you choose. I spent most of my time on the rain forest/ Caribbean side for a yoga retreat and it was phenomenal: waterfalls, storms, beaches, local shopping & making calls from a tiny shop in town. Magical.

One of my favorite spots was the Arenal Volcano National Park . I went after a yoga retreat in 2004 while it was still producing lava. My best friend and I watched it from a nearby restaurant and were in awe at how lucky we were to see it. The area is beautiful though and there are so many hot springs nearby I still would recommend.

I also LOVED Witch Rock !!! The black sand beaches of Costa Rica are not to be missed because from my experience, there is nothing softer and with less rocks. It has a feeling of luxury. Nature thinks of everything. Also, Eco Thermales Spa is incredible. I got there really early (as soon as they opened) so had the place much to myself. The waters are healing I spent hours under the warm waterfall. It was almost as good as a massage. Even better if you book a massage for a few hours after your arrival (you can get one there).

Hope that's enough reasons to go!!! :)

1. Arenal Volcano National Park (attraction)
    2. Witch Rock (attraction)
    3. Eco Thermales Spa (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Shauna a Thank You Note