Sonia St.

Vienna, Austria

Madeira or Corsica?

Hi everyone, I am planning holidays and considering two islands: Madeira and Corsica. I would like to relax some time on nice beach but even more, I am fonder of experiencing the culture, food and nature. Which one would you recommend me? Thank you for any ideas :)

• Celine PortoTourisme

I've never been in Madeira but I live in Corsica and this is one of the best and awesome places on Earth.
    The culture is alive and deeply owned by every corsican people on the island.

It's literally a mountain on the sea so you'll find beautiful beaches, places charged with History like Ajaccio, Corte, Calvi, Sartene, but also a lot of natura sites on the mountain side like Gorges de la Spelunca, the natyral swimming pools and waterfalls in Piscine Natirel De Aïtone where you can hike.

You can visit the Reserve Naturelle De Scandola (mer) which is part of the Unesco site Gulf of Porto: Calanche of Pianaand one of the only reserv in Europ that has an equally area on the sea and the land.

The food is delicious with many traditional specialities such as fiadone, ambrucciata and others specilities made with chestnuts, brocciu (fresh corsican cheese), clementine...

The sunsets are spectacular and the landscapes offers so many differencies every few kilometers that you have the feeling you change island : once you are in a landscape with giant red granit cliffs falling down the sea in Gulf of Porto: Calanche of Piana and then you enter in an area of spectacular limestone cliffs in BonifacioBonifacioimage from trekearth.comDefinitely a place to visit once in your life!

• Brew J.

Brew J.

Love this answer. Great tips and your pride and passion really show · (1 likelikes)

1. Ajaccio (city)
    2. Corte (city)
    3. Calvi (city)
    4. Sartene (city)
    5. Gorges de la Spelunca (attraction)
    6. Piscine Natirel De Aïtone (attraction)
    7. Reserve Naturelle De Scandola (mer) (attraction)
    8. Gulf of Porto: Calanche of Piana (attraction)
    9. Gulf of Porto: Calanche of Piana (attraction)
    10. Bonifacio (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Celine a Thank You Note