Fun restaurants

Looking for fun restaurants to try across the whole spectrum. Anyone can help?

• Noma (restaurant)

93 Strandgade Copenhagen Hovedstaden 1401 + 49 32 96 32 97

• Restaurant Schønnemann (restaurant)

Hauser plads 16 Copenhagen Hovedstaden 1127 +45 33 12 07 85

• MS Donna Wood (attraction)

Nyhavn 55 København Hovedstaden 1051

• JR Johnson

Mathias, i just got back from Copenhagen and I found a couple noteworthy places to hit up.

For beers in Nyhavn go to MS Donna Wood. You can avoid all the typical cafes in Nyhavn by hopping on this ship. Just go into the galley, grab some beers, and drink them on the roof, all for half the price of the cafes nearby. Bring the bottle caps down to count how much you owe.

For wine and snacks go to, Ved Stranden 10. The head sommelier from Noma turned me on to this place, it's his local favorite. Get a bottle and the charcuterie plate, sit on the canal and enjoy.

For fine dining, Noma is obviously the #1 spot in the world, so it's on the must eat for any foodie visiting town. But another option would be Amass which just opened in July 2013 by the former head chef at Noma and Per Se (an american named Matt Orlando) who happens to be a great guy too. It's in the old ship yard part of CPH, and has it's own above ground herb garden in front.

For traditional open face Danish sandwiches most tourists go to Restaurant Ida Davidsen v/A Siesbye, but according to my brother (and verified by the head somm at Noma) the best open face sandwich in town is at Restaurant Schønnemann. I suggest getting a "reasonable" pour of snaps to go along with it. The pork and smoked eel sandwiches seemed to be everyone's favorites. It's in a historical building as well.

Hotdogs are popular in Copenhagen and døp has a few trucks around town. They make organic hotdogs. I had the goat. It was great. I've marked the location next to the Rundetårn but I saw others around town too.

1. Nyhavn (neighborhood)
    2. MS Donna Wood (attraction)
    3. Ved Stranden 10 - vinhandel & bar (restaurant)
    4. Noma (restaurant)
    5. Amass (restaurant)
    6. Restaurant Ida Davidsen v/A Siesbye (attraction)
    7. Restaurant Schønnemann (restaurant)
    8. døp (restaurant)
    9. Rundetårn (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note