• JR Johnson
  • "Family-friendly hotel in walking distance to cool stuff!"

JR Johnson

Manhattan Beach, California

Family-friendly hotel in walking distance to cool stuff!

We've never been to Copenhagen before and are really looking foward to getting the most out of our time. This is a splurge trip for us, so we are willing to pay a little more for a cool place in a great location with some extra space preferably. We'll be there in July for 5 nights. Our daughter is 2 1/2 and still napping so we'd like a place that walkable to the sights and cool parts of town. Any cool things nearby to do/see would be great too. thanks!!

• Ryan Freitas

Years ago I enjoyed my stay 71 Nyhavn Hotel , which was upscale and well-designed. The Nyhavn neighborhood is gorgeous in the summer, right out on the water, and walkable to most areas of town. Copenhagen is a very walkable city, and the Net mass transit system makes getting around simple. You *may* want to stay closer to the Strøget or Tivoli at the center of town, but I was content to stay a bit further away to enjoy a quieter hood.

Also: as wonderful as the historic parts of the city are, be sure to visit Freetown Christiania . Its story is amazing, and the whole area is wonderful to walk around.

Enjoy the city. I studied there for a summer when I was in high school, and have returned a couple times since. It's a fantastic town.

• JR J.

JR J.

Awesome answer! I had no idea you were a Copenhagen fan! Thanks Ryan. As admin, i just edited a couple of the places that didn't match. It's so easy, I think we will open that up to everyone. On a side note, we are going to be spending time in Gilleleje too. My brother's wife's family is Danish... so it's big family trip. · (2 likelikes)

• Brew J.

Brew J.

That location is great, especially during the summer. Not sure how the hotel would do for you traveling with a young child. The D'Angleterre is kind of the grand dame and is righ5 around the corner (but much, much more expensive) · (2 likelikes)

1. 71 Nyhavn Hotel (hotel)
    2. Nyhavn (neighborhood)
    3. Strøget (attraction)
    4. Tivoli (attraction)
    5. Freetown Christiania (neighborhood)

• ·
    • ·

Send Ryan a Thank You Note