• Erin B
  • "Must see and do things in Denver and Colorado vicinity?"

Erin B

Salt Lake City, Utah

Must see and do things in Denver and Colorado vicinity?

Denver Advocates,

Thinking about taking a last-minute road trip through Colorado and to Denver. My boyfriend and I are trying to decide if it's worth it. Here's why: (ps, we have never been to Denver before.)

1. I am from Salt Lake City, and while Denver is much bigger, I worry it's too similar to Salt Lake City. We want to do something different from what we're used to everyday. For those of you who have been to both, is there things you can get out of Denver that you can't get out of SLC? 

2. It's COLD! The weather is changing and we just had our first snow in Salt Lake. Is this time of year too cold for hikes in Colorado? 

3. We don't want to spend our entire time in Denver. Are there must-do things around the vicinity of Denver or in other parts of Colorado? 

We're deciding between a road trip to San Diego, which we have been to many times, or Denver/Colorado vicinity. We want to visit Denver eventually but need some convincing that now is the time to do it. I appreciate the help! 

• Janice Sakata-Schultze

Hi Erin - I agree with Mark. Downtown Denver has some great live music venues and excellent restaurants. I'd definitely make an effort to go to red rocks ampitheater, if not for a concert, then to just take in the incredible views. It's also a place where people like to workout, so if that's something you do, try it!

I'm assuming that SLC has plenty of museums, so I won't recommend the ones we have here. They're fine, but they're probably similar to ones you've seen already.

It's still not too late to hike around here, although I heard tomorrow we'll possibly be getting some snow. Evergreen has some great places to hike - Elk Meadow and Bergen Peak, Three Sisters and Lair o' the Bear are my favorites - and it's not too far away.

If you can, I'd also try to make it to Boulder. You'll find even better hiking there, more great restaurants and Pearl Street. I'd also recommend the Coors Beer tour here in Golden, because you get free beer at the end of it :)

1. Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre (attraction)
    2. Evergreen (Colorado) (city)
    3. Boulder (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Janice a Thank You Note