• Tracey Partridge
  • "Where to stay and will all walks be open summer 2015?"

Tracey Partridge

Auckland, New Zealand

Where to stay and will all walks be open summer 2015?

My partner and I want to visit the Cinque Terre region this summer however my partner is recovering from lower limb injuries are we are not confident we can walk the whole trail. Below are a few questions we have:

1 - how much time do you need to explore the 5 villages?

1 - what is the best town to base yourself in if you plan to base yourself in one and do day trips from there?

2 - Is it possible to take the train from one village to the next and then walk back? If this is possible we may consider staying in the middle village and taking the train/walking between the others.

• Vernazza (city)

Vernazza Liguria

• Riomaggiore (region)

Riomaggiore Liguria

• Skeeter Stopher

I agree with Polly. I also stayed in Riomaggiore and LOVED it. It was my favorite town, but they are all lovely. Corniglia would be the most difficult due to the massive number of stairs. I did do the section to Vernazza. It is doable, but considering the leg injury might be really challenging. No matter where you stay, you will be climbing a lot of stairs though. The train was really easy and you can buy one way tickets, there are sometimes a bit of a wait for a train and they can be crowded. On the bright side though all of the train stations have beautiful views of the coast so even the wait can be nice. We stayed with a company called Riomaggiore Reservations and found them on Airbnb, and they were great! Cinque Terre was my favorite place in Italy, I hope you love it!

1. Riomaggiore (region)
    2. Vernazza (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Skeeter a Thank You Note