• Joanne Meneses
  • "Chicago must sees in 2-3 days? Hotels, restaurants, etc..."

Joanne Meneses

Florida

Chicago must sees in 2-3 days? Hotels, restaurants, etc...

I'm going to a wedding in Iowa in October and want to explore Chicago after. I've never been to Chicago and would love to spend 2-3 days. What are the major attractions, places to stay, restaurants? Any info is appreciated!!! Thank you.

• Lou Malnati's Pizzeria (restaurant)

439 North Wells Street Chicago IL 60654 (312) 828-9800

• Millennium Park (attraction)

201 E Randolph St Chicago IL 60642 (312) 829-1100

• GT Fish & Oyster (restaurant)

531 North Wells Street Cook IL 60654 (312) 929-3501

• Jillian Geer

Hi Joanne,

Chicago is amazing - I'm sure you will love it. I lived there for 8 years (and grew up in the suburbs) and love going back to visit.

As a first timer, I would recommend staying in River North as it's close to some amazing restaurants and attractions. My top pick for location and clean rooms would be Hotel Palomar Chicago (cheapest, trendy option I've found) or The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago.

A new hotel I really want to check out is Richard Branson's new Virgin Hotels Chicago. It looks amazing (maybe a bit pricer though).

As for restaurants, for oysters, I like GT Fish & Oyster. For Italian, try Eataly Chicago and for the best burger in town, check out Au Cheval. Reservations recommended when possible!

For classic Chicago deep dish pizza, my favorite is Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, but for caramelized crust pizza and to get out of the city a little, go for Pequod's Pizza in Lincoln Park. You can easily hop the red line or take an Uber.

As for attractions, I love going to and taking pictures at the bean in Millenium Park. You can walk Michigan Avenue (quite touristy though) after and check out the river too for some nice views. Another spot that might interest you is the Willis Tower where you can step out on a ledge 103 floors up! The views are pretty amazing from here. Here's one I took last time I was there:

Willis Tower Skydeckimage from instagram.comOctober should be good weather, but definitely pack a coat as one day it can be in the 60s and the next in the 30s during fall months. You never really know.. but definitely colder than Florida :)

• Joanne M.

Joanne M.

Wow!!! Awesome suggestions. I now wish my trip was sooner. Thank you so much. · (1 likelikes)

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Of course, please let me know if you have any other questions too. Have fun! · (1 likelikes)

1. River North (neighborhood)
    2. Hotel Palomar Chicago (hotel)
    3. The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago (hotel)
    4. Virgin Hotels Chicago (hotel)
    5. GT Fish & Oyster (restaurant)
    6. Eataly Chicago (attraction)
    7. Au Cheval (restaurant)
    8. Lou Malnati's Pizzeria (restaurant)
    9. Pequod's Pizza (restaurant)
    10. Millenium Park (attraction)
    11. Michigan Avenue (attraction)
    12. Willis Tower (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jillian a Thank You Note