• Philipp Petrescu
  • "How to spent 2.5 days if first time in Cape Town"

Philipp Petrescu

Philipp Petrescu

Berlin, Germany

How to spent 2.5 days if first time in Cape Town

I am going to be in Cape Town soon for 2.5 days (Friday - leaving Sunday evening). What is a good plan to leverage the stay as much as possible regarding

• Accommodation (design/boutique-ish, safe district, central)
  • Things to do / see outside 
  • Any good restaurant tips (upscale, south-african food)

Is it worth going a day to the winelands and stay sat night there? what else would be worth a daytrip?

• Sean Twomey

Sean Twomey from Cape Town, South Africa

Hey Philipp

I'm excited about your visit to Cape Town - it is genuinely one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And I'm so lucky to call it my home.

There are so many amazing things to do and see and the weather right now is perfect.

Depends on how much you love wine and the winelands. With such short time in Cape Town, I would spend all my nights near the city and then use the red bus or do some other day trip out to Groot Constantia or Stellenbosch. It's not very far.

Let me know if you have any other more specific questions and check out a travel site I run called ExoTravels. We've got a few Cape Town videos up there :)

Enjoy your stay in Cape Town!

• Courtney R.

Courtney R.

What a great answer, Sean--I'm coming to you if I ever make it there!!! · (2 likelikes)

1. Green Point (attraction)
    2. Cape Town Stadium (attraction)
    3. Oranjezicht (attraction)
    4. Camps Bay Beach (attraction)
    5. Table Mountain National Park (amusement park)
    6. Waterfront Village (hotel)
    7. Robben Island (island)
    8. Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens (attraction)
    9. Boulders Beach (attraction)
    10. Cape Point (attraction)
    11. Groot Constantia (attraction)
    12. Stellenbosch (city)

• -
    • -

Send Sean a Thank You Note