• Tiffany Weber
  • "What must I see, eat, and do with 24 hours in Cape Cod?"

Tiffany Weber

Corvallis, Oregon

What must I see, eat, and do with 24 hours in Cape Cod?

I'll be travelling with girls ages 9-18 and want to get a sense of what's special about that part of the world.

• JR Johnson

Hey Tiffany. I've been back to the Cape a couple times because my wife's family spent a lot of time there in summers growing up. I wouldn't say i'm an expert... but here's a few things i really enjoyed.

In Falmouth I really liked Quarterdeck Restaurants in downtown Falmouth. It is VERY old school. It's the kind of place you get a steak or some fish with a baked potato, veggies, and a soup/salad to start. It reminds me of a super nice dinner that we would have had a kid (before everyone became a foodie). The decor is perfectly Cape Cod, so I loved it.

One night we picked lobsters from the Falmouth Fish Market. Very traditional feel about the place and a classic fishmonger helped us.

For lunch a couple days we stoped by Slice of Italy for a sandwich. It's an Italian deli/bakery with a nice selection of sandwiches in back and your girls would probably like some of the european chocolates and candies.

To check out some beaches we hit Stoney Beach in Woods Hole but I think that's tough to get parking there. Worth a quick stop to check it out. The classic beach in Woods Hole with lighthouse views is Nobska Beach . Just pull off the the side of road and you're there.

In Woods Hole, the classic restaurant is Landfall Restaurant . It's decorated with a bunch of nautical equipment and you know you're in the Cape when you're there. If you need a break from the kids, you can sneak away into the long time watering hole, The Captain Kidd . Even if you don't have time to eat, a quick spin through Woods Hole over the Woods Hole Drawbridge and through the Marine Biological Laboratory and there is a little aquarium called the Woods Hole Science Aquarium

• Sarah Harju B.

Sarah Harju B.

Falmouth center has a GREAT new French bakery is just around the corner from little known "Woodneck" Beach. · (2 likelikes)

• JR J.

JR J.

is it called Maison Villatte? I've heard it's great!! You should add that piece of knowledge to your answer :) · (0 likelikes)

• Tiffany W.

Tiffany W.

Thanks so much, JR. Someone knows there food! I'll definitely check out a few of these places. My kids love to eat and I'm looking forward to seeing something new. · (1 likelikes)

1. Quarterdeck Restaurants (restaurant)
    2. Falmouth Fish Market (attraction)
    3. Slice of Italy (restaurant)
    4. Stoney Beach (attraction)
    5. Woods Hole (city)
    6. Nobska Beach (attraction)
    7. Landfall Restaurant (restaurant)
    8. The Captain Kidd (restaurant)
    9. Woods Hole Drawbridge (attraction)
    10. Marine Biological Laboratory (attraction)
    11. Woods Hole Science Aquarium (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note