Stephanie Eaves

Winter Park (Florida), Florida

Where should I go in Canada?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Canada in January and we have always wanted to go. We would love to see everywhere of course! Only having 1 week we want to get the most out of it and would like some direction on the best region to focus on. I have a friend that said British Columbia, are there enough sites to visit there and where should we go? Also Quebec and Toronto sound like a lot of fun. Last Prince Edward Island has always been a dream of mine. We need some help!! Please and thank you everyone. 

• Rocio Acevedo

Hola Stephanie. Eventhough 1 week is never enough to visit one of the most beautiful countries in the world, I think the clue will be to plan very carfefully. Based upon my experience I would mention the cities and places that I visited a few years ago during a road trip I made in 1 wk. It started when crossing the Appalachian Mountains until we arrived to the most beautiful city ever: Quebec City! We visited Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Chemin Royal, Dufferin Terrace and the amazing La Boutique de Noël de Québec Inc where Christmas season never ends. We continued to Montreal where we visited Basilique Notre-Dame, Montréal, Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal and Olympic Stadium. Then we continued the journey to the city of Ottawa. It is a very interesting city as it has the Parliament Hill where the famous "changing of the guard" takes place. Toronto was the next step and the incredible CN Tower the most incredible place to visit. After here we visited Niagara Falls. I would recommend you the watch Bridal Veil Falls from the Skylon Tower and/or taking a ride aboard the Maid of the Mist, both ways are amazing. If you have time, plan a short visit to Thousand Islandsaboard the Cruise the 1000 Islands.

As I told you before, I made this road trip in 1 week and it still remains in my mind as the most memorable spent time ever.

Hope it helps! Saludos!!

• Stephanie E.

Stephanie E.

Thank you so much for this wonderful and detailed answer. I really appreciate it. I think we will visit Quebec and I love the specific sites you mentioned it is exactly what I wanted and very helpful. · (1 likelikes)

• Rocio A.

Rocio A.

You're very welcome! Quebec is a must! We had lunch at Le Chateau Frontenac once and it was so cool! · (0 likelikes)

1. Appalachian Mountains (attraction)
    2. Quebec City (city)
    3. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac (hotel)
    4. Chemin Royal (unknown)
    5. Dufferin Terrace (hotel)
    6. La Boutique de Noël de Québec Inc (attraction)
    7. Montreal (city)
    8. Basilique Notre-Dame (attraction)
    9. Montréal (attraction)
    10. Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal (attraction)
    11. Olympic Stadium (attraction)
    12. Ottawa (city)
    13. Parliament Hill (attraction)
    14. Toronto (city)
    15. CN Tower (attraction)
    16. Niagara Falls (city)
    17. Bridal Veil Falls (attraction)
    18. Skylon Tower (attraction)
    19. Maid of the Mist (attraction)
    20. Thousand Islands (attraction)
    21. Cruise the 1000 Islands (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Rocio a Thank You Note