• Ben Cousens
  • "Cali Road Trip Recommendations "

Ben Cousens

Middletown, Rhode Island

Cali Road Trip Recommendations

We are group of 2 couples (late 20's early 30's) traveling together. We are staying in LA for a few days then traveling up north to San Fran.  The plan is to take the scenic route and stop someplace overnight.  

Aside from the Hearst castle and some of the other very tourist activities does anyone have recommendations on where to go and what to do (where to stay overnight).  Our drive will be just 2 or 3 days but 2 of us have never been to Cali before so Im hoping to make the most of it!

thanks

Ben

• Big Sur (city)

Big Sur CA

• Carmel (city)

Carmel California

• Hearst Castle (attraction)

750 Hearst Castle Rd San Simeon California 93452 (805) 927-2093

• Debbie Lee

For somewhere to stay overnight, you should look into San Luis Obispo! It's pretty much the largest and most well-known city that's half way in between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Look into The Madonna Inn there. It's a world famous hotel and a trip to visit because all of the rooms have different themes and the garden is very whimsical. This is close to Hearst Castle.

While looking into San Luis Obispo, there are other really cute beach towns around it, too, that you can look into -- Avila Beach, Morro Bay, and Baywood-Los Osos.

Los OsosIf you like wine, check out the city of Paso Robles, which is more inland and full of wineries.Paso Roblesimage from thewashingtonlobbyist.com

A little further north of SLO, check out Big Sur. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! Be sure to stop off at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park for a little hike and great views!
    Big SurSanta Cruz is also awesome. There's the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. A little further up is Monterey and Carmel. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is really cool. Pescadero State Beach is one of my favorites. There are actually tons of beaches that you can turn off on close to there, just look for the signs.

Have fun! :)

• Peter D.

Peter D.

I'm totally with you on Pescadero Beach. It's my favorite. · (1 likelikes)

Yes! And I love the garlic and artichoke bread that you can get in town :) · (0 likelikes)

1. San Luis Obispo (city)
    2. San Francisco (city)
    3. Los Angeles (city)
    4. The Madonna Inn (hotel)
    5. Hearst Castle (attraction)
    6. Avila Beach (city)
    7. Morro Bay (city)
    8. Baywood-Los Osos (city)
    9. Paso Robles (city)
    10. Big Sur (city)
    11. Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park (attraction)
    12. Santa Cruz (city)
    13. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (attraction)
    14. Monterey (city)
    15. Carmel (city)
    16. Monterey Bay Aquarium (attraction)
    17. Pescadero State Beach (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Debbie a Thank You Note