John Cassidy

Omaha, Nebraska

Must-try foods in Boston

This will be my first time in Boston.  I keep hearing about chowder and lobster rolls, so any leads on that would be awesome.  While I'm at it, what other foods must I try there and where should I try them? 

• Andreas Rossi

I'm jealous! I used to go to Boston all the time growing up, but haven't been back in recent years as often as I'd like. Fortunately, some of the best places there have been around for decades. Also, chowder and lobster rolls go hand in hand, so you'll be able to kill two birds with one stones by visiting one place. Here are the places you have to go:

• Boston Sail Loft Restaurant: messiest bowl of chowder you'll ever eat, and they're famous for it
    • James Hook & Company Lobster: their lobster rolls are off the hook and they have great chowder
    • Boston Chowda Co: went to this one all the time as a kid. Great chowder and shrimp and lobster rolls
    • Morse Fish Company: I don't know how this place does it, but the prices are great, especially for the quality that you get. Lobster rolls and fried clams here
    • Yankee Lobster: I think they're actually more known for their chowder than lobster
    • Belle Isle Seafood: this one's in East Boston. their lobster rolls are so generously filled with lobster that I can barely see bread

Have a wicked good time!

• John C.

John C.

Thanks man! This is some really "wicked" stuff here! · (0 likelikes)

1. Boston Sail Loft Restaurant (restaurant)
    2. James Hook & Company Lobster (restaurant)
    3. Boston Chowda Co (restaurant)
    4. Morse Fish Company (restaurant)
    5. Yankee Lobster (restaurant)
    6. Belle Isle Seafood (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Andreas a Thank You Note