• Alissa Vaughn
  • "30th Birthday Dinner Celebration "

Alissa Vaughn

Seattle, Washington

30th Birthday Dinner Celebration

My boyfriend and I are stopping through Bordeaux for 1 night, which also happens to be his 30th birthday. Next Thursday. We would love any recommendations for a good dinner restaurant or place for drinks. Also, any brunch/ breakfast places that are worth finding in the morning? We don't mind spending money, but also tend to avoid the more pretentious establishments. Thanks Trippy's!

• Julian Sabos

I don't know which thrusday you are talking about but if it's the 09/11, you should check this restaurant in Bordeaux Le Bouchon Bordelais they have delicous meals, and I recommend you to try the "Menu dégustation surprise 50€" you will have like 10 or 15 plates, appetizer, main courses, desert, small but very tasty. Even it seems to be expensive the food is very good. If you have a little bit more money on reserve, ask the waitress to give you advices about which wine you could mix with your food. I tried this menu probably 3 or 4 years ago so I hope it will be the same. Just one thing, it's very small, so it's probably gonna be loud.Do not forget to make your reservation otherwise I guess they will not have room for you...

Do not go to "Rue Saint Remy" to find a restaurant but the Fufu Japanese Noodle Bar which is a real Japonese fast food if it makes sens, it's always crowded.

Otherwise, if you want italian food, I would say Pizza Vitti go there after 9h30pm if you want the best service the boss always arrive a little bit late :-/ . I use to go there many times, the pizzas are amazing, definitely not american pizza at all, tasty etc, ask for wine and the deli plate, as appetizer.

My last stop could be Meson La Venta a spanish restaurant, but not the a spanish restaurant, the best in town. You can feed yourself with tapas and sangria until the end of the night or when you will be full. Try chorizo cooked with white wine amazing.

For the breakfast, there's also many places, Karl they have many differents types of breakfast they have a bunch of everything for breakfast. if you want real french croissant and pain au chocolat (forget chocolat croissant, it means nothing for us) La Panetière de Carphil that you could eat smoothly and but a little bit outside of Bordeaux.

My last check point would be Boulangerie Lachenal Laurent but you have to know that they don't have seats, it's just in case you have to leave and it's on your way. Why I have choosen that one, because that guy makes amazing pastries and he is a "Compagnon du tour de France" and in France in general that means it's 100% sure this is quality, he has to work few months in a bakery, few months in another one etc for a year or something and he learned with bakers not at school.

The Joker the the restaurant La Petite Gironde, you will have a beautiful view of Bordeaux by night, but the food is less interesting that the previous restaurant I recommanded.

Enjoy your trip, if you need some other advices about that city, let me know, I use to live there for 4 years...Bordeauximage from

1. Bordeaux (city)
    2. Le Bouchon Bordelais (restaurant)
    3. Fufu Japanese Noodle Bar (restaurant)
    4. Pizza Vitti (restaurant)
    5. Meson La Venta (restaurant)
    6. Karl (restaurant)
    7. La Panetière de Carphil (restaurant)
    8. Boulangerie Lachenal Laurent (restaurant)
    9. La Petite Gironde (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Julian a Thank You Note