• Stanley Conan
  • "What are some nice hotels and resorts in Bora Bora?"

Stanley Conan

Butte, Montana

What are some nice hotels and resorts in Bora Bora?

Bora Bora's a place that I've been wanting to go to for years and I'm planning on making that a reality soon.  I'm not really sure where to even start with this, but I figured finding a good place to stay would be a good starting point.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  (I would say that I want something by the water, but I'm sure everything's by the water, if not on it!)

• Susan Johnson

Good choice in destination! I too had always wanted to go to Bora Bora and finally made it happen about 4 years ago. It is a magical and dreamy place -- truly the most beautiful destination I've ever been to.

Most of the resorts in Bora Bora are on the outer ring of the atoll. You can't visit any other resort (unless you want to hire a boat ($$)) and some resorts won't allow outside guests to visit the grounds. So choose wisely ;)

We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora and couldn't have been happier. I actually booked through Costco Travel (yup--true story) and was very happy with everything. We had an over-the-water bungalow (the only way to stay in Bora Bora) that faced Mt. Otemanu (the ancient volcano that rises up from the center of the island). You should request "mountain view" at any resort you stay at -- it has an incredible silhouette against the sky. The great thing about over-the-water bungalows is that you can swim right off your room and even swim underneath!

We ate most of our meals at the resort and in hindsight I should have purchased the all-inclusive meal package from costco travel. Food and drinks were very expensive. I'm not sure if they still offer a package like that--but it's worth looking into.

The next resort over from the Four Seasons was the The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort . We really wanted to see the grounds but alas, we weren't allowed to go on their property. The movie Couples Retreat with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau was filmed there.

Restaurants:

Bloody Mary's Restaurant - This is a fun "must see" restaurant on the main part of Bora Bora. It's very low key (beach sand floors) and the food is pretty decent. Just remember, to get over to the restaurant, you have to take a water taxi that will run you about $50 RT (or more).

Enjoy your trip! Oh, and remember to book your trip outside of the rainy season!

• Stanley C.

Stanley C.

This sounds amazing and exactly like what I thought Bora Bora would be like. I should've know that Costco would sell travel plans (I swear they sell everything you need in life!). I'll definitely look into that. Thank you, Susan! · (1 likelikes)

1. Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora (hotel)
    2. Mt. Otemanu (attraction)
    3. The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort (hotel)
    4. Bloody Mary's Restaurant (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Susan a Thank You Note