• Kim Dayman
  • "Best tips for a long haul flight?"

Kim Dayman

Canada

Best tips for a long haul flight?

I've flown many times in my life with most trips being between 4-8 hours. Now I'm not the best flyer and my track record is that I am incapable of sleeping on a plane (even when drugged!). I've always toughed it out before but I have my first long haul flight - 16 hours with a 3 hour layover then another 4 hours - coming up in a couple months. From what to wear, what to bring, how to pass or break-up the time - I'd love your best tips and tricks for making it as comfortable as possible and what helps you get through hours on end in economy!

• Justin Schmid

First, pick a good airline. The right airline will have decent food and service, plus on-demand entertainment at every seat. Pay a few extra bucks for whatever it calls its premium economy section. Bring an eReader, relax and just remember that - no matter how little legroom you have - you will fly halfway around the world in the time it took our great-grandparents to get outside the state lines.

By the way, your airline choice is directly related to your destination. If I'm headed to Asia, I'll make every effort to fly Asiana or ANA.

• ·
    • ·

Send Justin a Thank You Note