• Tassia Pellegrini
  • "What are the best things to do on Berlin in May (3-4 days trip)?"

Tassia Pellegrini

Nederland

What are the best things to do on Berlin in May (3-4 days trip)?

I moved to Netherlands recently and now I want to explore Europe a bit. I have almost no experience on travelling around here.

I'm planning to see some indie concerts on Berlin on the first weeks of May and I would like to know some interesting things to do, doesn't matter if it's mainstream-tourist-alike or more underground.

• I never visited Germany before, so any information about how to get around will be appreciated :)
  • Would like to know good LGBT parties/venues
  • Is better to use cash or debit/credit cards?
  • Any tips about commuting inside Berlin? 
  • Because it's a 3-4 days trip, do you recommend visiting other cities too? If yes, which cities?
  • I'm travelling alone

• Berlin (city)

Berlin Berlin

• Checkpoint Charlie (attraction)

Friedrichstr. 43-45 Berlin 10969 4930253725

• Tiergarten (attraction)

87 Alt-Moabit Berlin Berlin 10559

• David Nesbitt

Make a reservation for the Bundestag online weeks in advance. We recently visited Berlin and were not able go inside because it was completely booked. I would recommend avoiding Checkpoint Charlie as it is a tourist trap. Instead, Topography of Terror is very instructive regarding the history of Berlin in World War II. You can spend days visiting the museums on Museum Island. We enjoyed the Old National Gallery, but ran out of time for the others. Consider staying at Melia Berlin as it is right on the Spree river in Mitte and very close to a convenient subway station. You can purchase a day pass to use the subway to travel all over town. I also recommend Restaurant Dressler if you end up staying in Mitte.

1. Bundestag (attraction)
    2. Checkpoint Charlie (attraction)
    3. Topography of Terror (attraction)
    4. Museum Island (attraction)
    5. Old National Gallery (attraction)
    6. Melia Berlin (hotel)
    7. Restaurant Dressler (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send David a Thank You Note