• Ami Wuschnig
  • "Tour and excursion vendors + best transportation options "

Ami Wuschnig

Manhattan Beach, California

Tour and excursion vendors + best transportation options

Looking for recommendations for tour/excursion/activity vendors in Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker. Also to get from Belize City to Ambergris Caye, is air or boat travel recommended?

• Ami W.

Ami W.

is it better to book the tropic air tickets before our trip or just buy a ticket once we land in belize city? · (0 likelikes)

• Ross Crowder

If you have the money (about $75), fly through TropicAir (not that other airlines are bad, but this is the one I've used). I flew to the island on arrival and took the boat back. It's 15 minutes to fly and really pretty. The boat ride wasn't bad, but it takes over an hour. It's only $15 though, so it may be worth it to you. I did a Mayan ruins/cave tubing/zip line tour. It was about $180. If I had to do it over again, I would've taken a ferry back to the mainland, rented a car, and done what I wanted, when I wanted. The tour guides are nice if you want to sit back and not worry about anything while drinking rum punch, but I'm more independent. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed snorkeling. I used Ambergris Divers Resort and had a great time. I've read great reviews of other places on TripAdvisor as well. The next time I go, I'm doing the ATV tour of the island through "Jungle Water Adventures". They have great reviews. Make sure you pay attention to WHERE the excursions are located. While the mainland stuff is fun, it's also over an hour away and will be an all-day thing. I typed this up really quickly, so feel free to ask me more questions or specifics on anything I said. Have a great time!

• Ami W.

Ami W.

thanks Ross, truly appreciate it. If you think of anything else, let me know. I appreciate all your suggestions! · (0 likelikes)

Good stuff, Ross! FYI, we helped you geo-tag the spots that you mentioned so that they appear on a map with all the place info :) Thanks for sharing! · (0 likelikes)

• Ami W.

Ami W.

• Samuel C.

Samuel C.

Ami, we booked our Tropic Air tickets before online, though I don't think it makes a huge difference. If you incoming flight is delayed, they're really accommodating and will put you on the next available flight from Belize City to San Pedro (usually departing every 20-30 minutes). · (1 likelikes)

1. Ambergris Divers Resort (hotel)
    2. Jungle Water Adventures (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Ross a Thank You Note