• Jim Olson
  • "What are unique and authentic activities / dining option in Beaver Creek?"

What are unique and authentic activities / dining option in Beaver Creek?

My wife and I are making our inaugural trip to Beaver Creek before closing weekend. We plan on staying 2 nights (Fri - Sat). Other than skiing, what are some must do activities and dining options that make Beaver Creek unique to other ski towns?

• Jillian Geer

I went to college at Boulder, and frequented Vailduring the ski season. For a special treat, we'd always go to Beaver Creek for one main reason: Beano's Cabin.

Beano's CabinIf you're looking for a unique-to-Beaver-Creek dining experience, this place is a no brainer.

It begins with an open air sleigh ride pulled by a snow cat, where you can see the village lights on the way up. That experience alone won me over. They even give you blankets to stay warm which is a nice little touch as it can get cold.

When you get there, the staff is super friendly and accommodating. You can't go wrong with the food--the lamb, steak, root veggies--all good. It is a five course menu, so you'll get to try plenty! Also, every night they have live music (oh and they take requests, with a great version of Wonderful Tonight if you're feeling some Clapton).

Beano's CabinAfter dinner, I'd recommend enjoying a night cap by the fire while you wait for the sleigh back down the mountain. All in all, just a nice night to enjoy some good food and company in the middle of a snowy mountain.

FYI, the restaurant is only open for dining from December to April, and you'll need to call ahead or book on open table for reservations. I'd recommend booking this sooner than later!

1. Vail (city)
    2. Beaver Creek (city)
    3. Beano's Cabin (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jillian a Thank You Note