• Catherine Menta
  • "Tips for Traveling Alone in Barcelona?"

Catherine Menta

New York, New York

Tips for Traveling Alone in Barcelona?

Traveling alone for 5 days in Barcelona for the first time. Any tips on where I should go/what to do? 

• La Boqueria (attraction)

91 C/ LA Rambla Barcelona 08002 933 18 25 84

• Museu Picasso (attraction)

15-23 C/ Montcada Province of Barcelona 08003 933 19 63 10

• Parc Güell (attraction)

C. Olot, 13 Barcelona CT 08024 +34 934 09 18 25

• Brenda Burns

hi Catherine, great choice for solo travel. I've traveled 3 times to Barcelona, two times solo. First off, if you are flying in, do not take a taxi, take the Aerobusn which is very inexpensive and safe and will drop you off in the city centre. Il would advise you to take the aborigins - local food insiders walking tapas tour.having been on many food tours, I can tell you this is the best one I've ever done. It is run by several young and very hip foodies that know their town inside out. They tailor the tour to everyone's needs and desires,so you're not getting a cookie cutter tour were they get kickbacks from the different restaurants and shops. Of course, you must go see Sagrada Família. Get your tickets ahead of time and book for either first thing in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the crowds. After seeing that, you will fall in love with Gaudi and will probably want to see his other works. I recommend La Pedrera (Casa Mila) and Casa Batlló which are vastly different homes that were commissioned by wealthy people and built by Gaudi. Make sure you check out all the different neighborhoods. Walking around is the best in Barcelona. Make sure you see Barrio Gótico de Barcelona, El Born, and of course you must walk down La Rambla and go to the La Boqueria. stop at El Quim de la Boqueria inside the market and have a bite to eat. walk to the end of La Rambla, make a left and head down to Barceloneta and the beach. You may enjoy the Museu Picasso, although it does not how some of his greatest works. Finally, make sure you have at least one meal at Ciudad Condal. It's a few blocks up from Plaça de Catalunya and has the best tapas in town. There is always a crowd so just muscle your way in and sit at the bar with locals and tourists.

• Catherine M.

Catherine M.

Thank you so much! Very helpful - was actually thinking about taking a taxi from the airport, so thanks for that extremely helpful bit of advice! · (0 likelikes)

• Jahn S.

Jahn S.

Hi Catherine! Add a drink at @xampañet. You will not stay alone as people in here love to talk to each other ;-) · (0 likelikes)

1. Sagrada Família (neighborhood)
    2. La Pedrera (attraction)
    3. Casa Batlló (attraction)
    4. Barrio Gótico de Barcelona (attraction)
    5. El Born (metro area)
    6. La Rambla (attraction)
    7. La Boqueria (attraction)
    8. El Quim de la Boqueria (restaurant)
    9. Museu Picasso (attraction)
    10. Ciudad Condal (restaurant)
    11. Plaça de Catalunya (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Brenda a Thank You Note