• Courtney Robinson
  • "Need some good restaurant suggestions"

Courtney Robinson

Los Angeles, California

Need some good restaurant suggestions

I'm helping a friend plan a business trip to Bangkok and neither of us have ever been there. We need some ideas for restaurants that aren't crazy pricey but aren't crazy cheap, either. Also, since a lot of us will be going on this trip, we need places with fairly diverse menus to make everyone happy (so probably no restaurants that specialize in one thing). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! C 

• Debbie Lee

Hit up Nahm ! Just so that you can say that you've been to one of the best restaurants in the world :) It was tasty and a nice twist on traditional Thai food. We'd call it Asian-fusion over here. I went there in 2012 when it first made the world's top 50 restaurant list. It was #50 then, but this year, it's #32. It's a really gorgeous restaurant at a hotel.

When I went and at the then exchange rate, it was $65 a person for the prix fixe, which is amazing considering the cost of other restaurants who made the list. We ended up ordering a la carte, though, for variety, and it was even less. Prices may have changed, but I can't imagine it'd be too ridiculous.

One fun one is actually inside of a mall/shopping center, Siam Center (สยามเซ็นเตอร์) . It's a Japanese-inspired buffet called Sukishi . It's a Thai take on shabu shabu, which isn't exactly like traditional shabu shabu, but still fun, and they have sushi. It's actually pretty nice inside and it's a little high up, so you get a bit of a view of the city. It's less than $10 a person and all-you-can-eat. There are plenty of other restaurants inside that mall, too, and tons of shopping to be done.

If you want a place just for drinks, check out Sky Bar at the lebua at State Tower . Beautiful view of the city! It has a restaurant, but it's pricey (think $150 prix fixe, $70 entrees, $35 apps, etc), so I would just check it out for a drink just to see the view. Cocktails are about $15. The wait staff double as photographers, offering to take your photo and suggesting good photo spots. I guess they're used to it!

Enjoy yourself! :)

• Courtney R.

Courtney R.

OK, Nahm sounds amazing and this is the perfect excuse for me to try it! The others are great, too, but I'm going to make this my priority!!! This is awesome Debbie!!! · (1 likelikes)

Hope you all enjoy it! :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Nahm (restaurant)
    2. Siam Center (attraction)
    3. Sukishi (restaurant)
    4. Sky Bar (restaurant)
    5. lebua at State Tower (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Debbie a Thank You Note