• jurriaan Teulings
  • "Good working spots for digital nomads in Bangkok?"

jurriaan Teulings

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good working spots for digital nomads in Bangkok?

Hi, I'm a near-perpetual traveler (travel writer) and I just arrived to Bangkok. I intend to stay for about a week to get some serious writing done, basically processing previous month's travels through Cambodia, and I'm looking for a nice environment to work. Preferably an airy, friendly place with good coffee and wifi - a cool hipster coffee shop or something like that. Not a fan of malls and I find environments like Starbucks uninspiring. It could be a hostel, too. I'm currently staying at siamaze hostel, which is friendly enough but wifi is slow and it's a bit out of the way, so I'm also looking for a cheap, social, friendly stay in a more lively neighborhood. Not looking for a party place though! That might come later, once I get my work out of the way. After that, I intend to start covering Bangkok properly - non-touristy tips most welcomed.

• Nam Onrit

I recommend ONEDAY Hostel & Co-Working Space. This place is a house in quite area surrounded by nice coffee houses as you want.

Another one is Hubba. There are 3 co working spaces under Hubba network nearby, focusing on tech start up / social enterprise and creative.

http://hubbathailand.com/

From your hostel, please take MRT to Sukhumvit MRT Station then take BTS from Asok BTS Stationto Ekkamai BTS Station. Hubba is a few minutes away from the station by moto-taxi.

My fave coffee house around there is INK & LION Cafe.

• jurriaan T.

jurriaan T.

This is great! This afternoon I was actually browsing hostelworld for options and stumbled upon ONEDAY and booked the next 5 nights there. What are the odds, out of the 100s of hostels in BKK?? Next I'll definitely check out Hubba. Wifi at @cafelapin today was so slow I am sure I took twice as much time as needed to get my job done because even simple pages took ages to load! · (0 likelikes)

• Nam O.

Nam O.

Hi Jurrian, I highly recommend Hubba. Price, environment, atmosphere really friendly and inspiring. · (0 likelikes)

1. ONEDAY Hostel & Co-Working Space (hotel)
    2. Sukhumvit MRT Station (attraction)
    3. Asok BTS Station (attraction)
    4. Ekkamai BTS Station (attraction)
    5. INK & LION Cafe (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Nam a Thank You Note