• Kim Dayman
  • "Fun splurges for a solo birthday in Bangkok?"

Kim Dayman

Canada

Fun splurges for a solo birthday in Bangkok?

I planned my upcoming 2 month solo SE Asia trip so my birthday would fall right in the middle. Originally I thought I'd be in Siem Reap on my birthday but as it's panning out looks like I will be in Bangkok. I'm not a big partier and don't drink a lot but I'm hoping to meet some friends along the way and since I'll be in the big city splurge a little on the big day. Travelling on a limited budget I've saved a bit especially for a little pampering or luxury for this special occasion and could shell out up to a couple hundred (CAD) to make the day extra memorable. Any tips or recommendations for activities or places to visit for that special or out of the box experience in and around Bangkok would be much appreciated :)

• Daniel Bliss

Go see Red Sky to have a drink and see the view at Sunset on the roof. http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/red-sky.htm

Only have to buy a couple drinks at $5 or so. Expensive for a drink but WAY better than the $50 ticket on other similar towers see in movies. Get there a bit early (before sunset) for a decent spot :)

Great suggestion, Daniel! I love Bangkok rooftop bars and made it a point to visit as many as I could when I was there. Didn't make it to Red Sky, but next time! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the bar in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :) · (0 likelikes)

• Kim D.

Kim D.

Great tip about the bar not needing to buy a ticket, I'll happily pay for a few $5 drinks :) · (1 likelikes)

1. Red Sky (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Daniel a Thank You Note