• Edward Rowley
  • "14 days in Thailand, what not to miss?"

Edward Rowley

London, United Kingdom

14 days in Thailand, what not to miss?

So, after previously mulling a trip to Thailand, we're about to book a 14 night stay tomorrow, for the end of April. I start a new job soon and have the time and money, woo hoo.

The basic plan is fly to bangkok and stay in a hotel for 4-5 days, have 4-5 days without much of a plan, then stay in Pattaya for 4-5 days. We're hoping to stay/work in an elephant sanctuary in the middle section (note: I don't want to ride an elephant, or watch one paint, I'd like to help out and donate some money to a good cause).

So, the question! What should we do in and around Bangkok and Pattaya? And if we head north (to the right elephant sanctuary), what should we do there? We are open to taking a flight, or doing a short tour.

Thanks Trippy members, I look forward to your suggestions!

• Edward R.

Edward R.

Ok, just booked! Pretty much as described. Exciting. · (0 likelikes)

• Chiang Mai (city)

Chiang Mai

• Krabi (city)

Krabi

• Elephant Nature Park (attraction)

Sridonchai Rd. เมืองเชียงใหม่ Chiang Mai 50100

• Anthony Bourdain

Try a local favorite breakfast (rice porridge with pork and soft-boiled egg) at the hidden Jok Prince.

Jok Princeimage from goslowlyeatwell.comAmphawa Floating Market, smaller and less touristy, is worth a trip in the afternoon, especially for the fresh seafood.

Amphawa Floating MarketFor the cherry on top, head up to Sky Bar for cocktails and a stunning panoramic view of the city from the world’s highest open air bar.

Sky Barimage from gothaibefree.com

• Ryan W.

Ryan W.

I've always wanted to go to the floating market! How do you get around though? Do you need a boat or can you just walk along the side of the water? · (0 likelikes)

• Jeannette N.

Jeannette N.

Anything AB says! · (0 likelikes)

• Josh B.

Josh B.

When I grow up, I want to be Anthony Bourdain! · (0 likelikes)

1. Jok Prince (restaurant)
    2. Amphawa Floating Market (attraction)
    3. Sky Bar (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Anthony a Thank You Note