Victorine Baracco

Strasbourg, France

When should I visit Bali?

I have always wanted to visit that place, but heard a lot about the perfect timing to go there. Any advice? :)

• Daniel Rouquette

I've been going to Bali almost every month for work during the past 2 years. From what I can see, there are 4 periods in Bali, all of them are a good time to come (seriously) but I would recommend 2 of them if you have the luxury of being able to choose:

- March-May: recommended! The weather is mild and not too rainy and, more important, there are not too many tourists! The sky looks much better on pictures during that period.

- June-August: the weather is honestly great. The 2 cons, in my opinion, come from the influx of tourists during that period. First, traffic can make it time consuming to go around in the South (Seminyak, Kuta, Canggu). Second, prices rise during that period and it's more difficult to find good deals on hotels and flights.

- September-November: also recommended! It's getting hotter towards the end of that period but never too hot (just last week, I thought it was really chill while driving at night on my scooter). Similar to the March-May period.

- December-February: the only con here is the rain. It can rain heavily for 1 or 2 hours making it impossible to go anywhere meanwhile. But it doesn't rain all day long (maybe 2 or 3 times), so if you're a patient traveler who knows how to enjoy the break, you'll be fine. One important thing to take note of: from December 20th to January 8th, it's the peak season in Bali. Avoid that period if possible or prepare to be stuck in traffic (again, only in the South).

• ·
    • ·

Send Daniel a Thank You Note