İbrahim Serdar Koçar

Bilbao, Spain

Where to visit?

I will be travelling to Austria. Except Vienna, where should I visit? As information, I am more into cultural heritage and historical places. 

• Salzburg (city)

Salzburg Salzburg

• Innsbruck (city)

Innsbruck Tyrol

• Swarovski Crystal Worlds (attraction)

1 Kristallweltenstraße Innsbruck-Land District T 6112 0512 5224510800

• Tiffany Weber

We also enjoyed Salzburg , but only had a short stay. There's enough to see to fill several days. I'd explore some of the smaller villages as well and even drive south toward the Tirol Alps. It's a beautiful region with a lot of culture. We stayed in Sankt Veit im Pongau for a ski trip, but it would be a stunning place to visit in the summer and tour the area and is an easy drive back to Saltzburg if you want to see that too.

From Vienna , I enjoyed a southern trip to Burgenland. It isn't a touristy area at all, but it's pretty and rural, nice spas and friendly people. Go to Bad Tatzmannsdorf for nice spas and guesthouses that serve classic, delicious breakfasts, Stadtschlaining for the beautiful old castle, and Rotenturm an der Pinka for the old Red castle in the center of town. Oberwart is the larger city of in the area and isn't pretty, but the countryside around it is.

• Judi K.

Judi K.

We plan to be in @Salzberg in August during the Music Festival, and, of course we want to experience "the hills are alive, with the sound of music" outdoor locations. There will likely be crowds. Our base location will be @Stuttgart - - should we plan an overnight in the Salzberg area? · (0 likelikes)

• Tiffany W.

Tiffany W.

Absolutely. It's nearly 4 hours by car (without traffic) or train. Either way, you'll want to get there and enjoy the city. It's possible to see something in an afternoon, but you're not going all the way to Austria just to spend 8 hours in the car. Relax Europe-style and give yourself time. · (0 likelikes)

1. Salzburg (city)
    2. Sankt Veit im Pongau (city)
    3. Vienna (city)
    4. Bad Tatzmannsdorf (city)
    5. Stadtschlaining (city)
    6. Rotenturm an der Pinka (attraction)
    7. Oberwart (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tiffany a Thank You Note