• Belen De
  • "Itinerary for 17 days and where to stay"

Belen De

Chile

Itinerary for 17 days and where to stay

Hi, I'll be travelling to Australia next September. I've already decided which places to visit, but i am not sure regarding how long to stay in each place.                         

I think about going to Sydney, Blue Mountains, Byron Bay, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fraser Island and Melbourne. 

It would be great if you can recommend me the best areas to stay in each places (hostels or B&B).

Please if you can also help me with other tips it would be very helpful.

Thanks for your help!

• Byron Bay (city)

Byron Bay New South Wales

• Brisbane (city)

Brisbane Queensland

• Gold Coast (city)

Gold Coast Queensland

• Jen Seligmann

HI Belen. 17 days seems like the perfect amount of time.

For Sydney I would recommend 3-4 nights plus either a day trip or overnight trip to the Blue Mountains as it's only 2 hours away by train.

For Byron Bay, 3 nights would give you time to relax and check out the surrounding area. The weather will be warming up then and the likely hood of nice sunny days will be high.

2 nights in Brisbane would be enough to see the main things and enjoy some of the local food.

The Gold Coast will depend on what you want to do. If you want to visit all of the theme parks then you will need 4-5 days. Is not 2 night will be plenty to soak up the atmosphere.

On Fraser Island, 2 nights will give you enough time to see the island and explore a bit.

Finally Melbourne, this is where you want to spend most of your time. Not only is the city fully of great things to see and do, it's also the perfect place for day and overnight trips places like Phillip Island and the Great Ocean Road (my favourite place in the world!). So try and stay at least 6 nights in Melbourne.

For accommodation, I recommend YHA in Sydney (Sydney Harbour YHA) and either of the two YHA in Melbourne city (YHA Melbourne Central and Melbourne Metro YHA). I haven't stayed anywhere budget in the other places so can't really recommend anything. BUt I will say that YHA is usually a good bet in Australia.

Hope this helps and I really hope you enjoy my amazing country!

Cheers

Jen

• Belen D.

Belen D.

Thanks Jen!!! Your answer is so helpfull!! :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Blue Mountains (attraction)
    2. Byron Bay (city)
    3. Brisbane (city)
    4. Gold Coast (city)
    5. Fraser Island (city)
    6. Melbourne (city)
    7. Phillip Island (city)
    8. Great Ocean Road (attraction)
    9. Sydney Harbour YHA (hotel)
    10. YHA Melbourne Central (hotel)
    11. Melbourne Metro YHA (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jen a Thank You Note