• Tony Wright
  • "Interesting walkable neighborhoods in Austin?"

Tony Wright

Seattle, Washington

Interesting walkable neighborhoods in Austin?

Austin is supposed to be a charming town, but in one recent visit, I didn't see much in the way of charming neighborhoods.  I know I must be missing something.  What neighborhoods are worth a stroll and what should I see/eat in those neighborhoods when I'm strolling in 'em?

• Clive Bar (attraction)

609 Davis Street Travis TX 78701 (512) 494-4120

• South Congress (neighborhood)

Austin TX

• Lick Ice Creams (restaurant)

2032 South Lamar Blvd Austin TX

• Miranda Rensch

I love Austin so much!! My favorite neighborhood was Rainy Street. Get some Mezcal at Clive Bar in the little hut in the outdoor patio area and then go South from there. There are great bars all along Rainy street. There are a bunch of great food carts in that area as well.

While you're in Austin, you should definitely rent a kayak or canoe at Zilker Park Boat Rentals . You can row all the way up near downtown and see the skyline. Its so sweet! Check out the Barton Springs Pool while you're in that area. It was closed for renovations when I went but I heard it's cool.

Everyone congregates to watch the bats fly out from under the Congress Avenue Bridge at dusk; it's quite a cute experience. : ) Here's some more info about that.

Get ice cream at Lick Ice Creams and go to a movie at the Ritz or one of the other theater pubs in Austin.

Have fun!! I'm going in March; so excited. : )

1. Clive Bar (attraction)
    2. Zilker Park Boat Rentals (attraction)
    3. Barton Springs Pool (attraction)
    4. Congress Avenue Bridge (attraction)
    5. Lick Ice Creams (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Miranda a Thank You Note