• Pat Griffin
  • "Where to stay in the Four Corners?"

Pat Griffin

North Carolina

Where to stay in the Four Corners?

My husband and I would like to take our 18 and 22 year old daughters to Arizona​, Utah​, Colorado, and ​New Mexico​ or the 4 corners over Christmas. We don't want a fancy resort. Where should we stay?

• Lissa Poirot

Hi Pat, Four Corners is a pretty remote spot and doesn't have hotels. We just drove through Four Corners while we visited a number of sites and parks around Arizona, Utah and Colorado. Not too far from Four Corners in Colorado is Cortez, right outside of Mesa Verde National Park. It had some good hotel choices. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez and it was actually quite nice. We also visited Monument Valley near Four Corners and found the hotels and restaurant options in Kayenta to be much more limited than Cortez. We stayed at the Hampton Inn of Monument Valley, which wasn't bad. Canyon de Chelly National Monument was a good stop, but we did not spend the night near there, instead driving on to Petrified Forest National Park, Meteor Crater RV Park and then spending the night in Flagstaff, which had a lot of good hotels and restaurants. (We stayed at the Embassy Suites-Flagstaff.) From there we headed north to the Grand Canyon and stayed The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon. Before we headed to Mesa Verde, we had visited Moab, where they have a cute town and lots of hotel choices to stay while visiting Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. After the Grand Canyon, we also returned to Utah to see Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. Not sure if you'd like info on those areas. Our favorite stops were Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde and Zion. As you can see, we didn't make it into New Mexico. I'd be happy to let you know about other hotels or places we encountered along the way if you need more ideas! Just let me know! Enjoy your trip!

• ·
    • ·

Send Lissa a Thank You Note