• Ashlyn @ The Lost Girl's Guide
  • "Best safaris in Africa on a budget"

Best safaris in Africa on a budget

I'm spending six months minimum in Africa, with plans to do Southern and Eastern Africa. I'm wanting to do a Safari and looking for recommendations on where to do it.

My budget is small, I'm traveling solo and don't mind roughing it/getting off the beaten path.

I will be in South Africa/Namibia/Botswana but also have plans on getting up to Kenya/Tanzania. I have the opportunity to wander through any and all countries - wherever my heart leads me.

Any recommendations on which country to Safari in? Both price and experience wise?

• Clifford Langat

"Whether you are travelling solo or looking for a family trip, Kenya has plenty of options to suit. Think in advance about whether or not you’d like to join an organized safari group, or have your own private transport and guides." by Magical Kenya. If you want to get safari experience, try Kenya or combine Kenya and Tanzania. You can go on safari, meet the locals, take part in local activities, live with them...many things to do as they say Kenya is the cradle of safari. KenyaKenya

The price depends on your taste; there is luxury or high end, middle spending and budget. You choose.

I will give a Kenya section safari proposal since you also want to do Southern Africa.

Kenya offers Beach holidays, culture visits, wildlife experience, village experience and city tours.

A typical safari starts from Nairobi JKIA Airport which the biggest port of entry in Eastern Africa. You have a choice of city tours, museum/gallery visits, daily excursions and park visits since Nairobi city has a park nearby. Nairobi National Park Which is a bushy grassland park with patches of rolling plains suitable habitat for tropical wildlife species. Nairobi National ParkNairobi National Park is wildlife park with approximately 400 species of birds and several mammals. Mammals: Eland, hartebeest, wildebeest, zebra, wildebeest, black rhino, lion, hyena and hippo among several others. Nearby attractions include Nairobi safari walk, Girrafe manor and Orphanage. Activities in Nairobi include picnics, hiking, city nightlife, sports, city tours and curio/traditional gallery visits.

After Nairobi it will be a start of a wilderness safari, there are many itinerary options:

1. Nairobi-Olpejeta Conservancy(Sweetwaters)-Samburu Game Reserve-Nakuru National Park-Hell's Gate(Lake Naivasha combined)-Maasai Mara(Wild theatre)-Nairobi.

2. Nairobi-Lake Nakuru-Lake Bogoria(Baringo combined)-North Rift-Naivasha-Maasai Mara-Nairobi.

What itineraries entail(Attractions): Highlights.

Olpejeta conservancy(Sweetwaters)

Chimpanzee sanctuary, White Rhino sanctuary. Wildlife species include Grevy Zebra, Lion, cheetah, rhino, buffalo, elephant, jackal, impala, baboon, hippo, eland etc. Sweetwaters Game ReserveSweetwaters Game Reserve

Nakuru National park offers great safari experience. Famous for birdwatching, one can expect to see flamingoes, pelicans, white rhino, black rhino, rothschild giraffe, buffalo etc. Lake Nakuru National ParkLake Nakuru National Park

Maasai Mara Game Reserve: Large concentration of wildlife no wonder it is called "theatre of the wild" and the home of the big five mammals. Wildlife species here include Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Elephant, buffalo, cheetah, jackal, hippo, crocodile, impala, topi, hartebeest, gazelle, roan antelope etc.
    Balloon safaris are offered over the plains in Mara. Maasai Mara National ReserveMaasai Mara National Reserve

Welcome to East Africa.

• hillary k.

hillary k.

well answered, well recommended, pure clarity, so certain. With cliff lans your safari/tour in Eastern Africa will supersede you expectation,look no more, i recommend him (cliff) ,he did marvelous guiding to some of my clients and staff sometime back, no regrets at all. · (1 likelikes)

1. Kenya (country)
    2. Nairobi National Park (amusement park)
    3. Sweetwaters Game Reserve (attraction)
    4. Lake Nakuru National Park (attraction)
    5. Maasai Mara National Reserve (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Clifford a Thank You Note